WELCOME TO ENOUVO SPACE
Read weekly articles from our community.
The Full Travel Guide For Digital Nomad Da Nang
With its stunning beaches, low cost, and awesome tech community, Da Nang has become a popular destination for digital nomads in recent years.
Vietnam’s largest city is surrounded by the perfect harmony between the mountain and sea, filled with a strong foodie scene, new hotels and resorts popping up on a five-mile-long beach strip, numerous events & activities, and no shortage of digital nomad-worthy coffee shops and Coworking Spaces.
Furthermore, the interesting news is that Da Nang is ranked 15th in the Top 52 Destinations in 2019 by the New York Times. Remote workers and digital nomads have more reason to visit and live there.
In this article, we are going to cover all insider knowledge and important information for the digital nomad Da Nang. You can follow this guide to get the best experience while you stay here.
I. Digital nomad Da Nang guide: Where to work
Da Nang has a lot of high-quality working spaces and good coffee shops to work. It is a place that always welcomes foreigners and is the leader in building a lively community for digital nomads. Join us as we look around!
1. Coworking Space for Digital Nomad Da Nang
a. Enouvo Space – An ideal coworking space in Da Nang
We offer a modern yet cozy working environment with various membership types and services for the digital nomad Da Nang. Whether you need a dedicated desk for an adjustable seat or a private office for your team, you can find it all at Enouvo Space.
The seven-story building consists of coworking areas, both open space and studios, and a co-drink area where you can chill out and take some time away from your desk. It will be one of the pioneers in creating a coworking space integrated with a concept of coliving in Da Nang’s coworking scene.
Our two locations are located in the “ex-pat town” and close to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world – My Khe beach.
- Location 1: 15 Ta My Duat, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Location 2: 16-18 An Nhon 3, Son Tra, Danang
b. Space A
Space A is also nestled into the side of the ex-pat area of An Thuong. With an open concept, plenty of chairs and tables to choose from, and a coffee shop onsite, Space A has a vote for a workable digital nomad hub in Da Nang!
- Location: 132 Le Quang Dao, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
c. DNC Danang – A popular coworking space
Located in the heart of the city, from where you can easily access most of the city’s major places, DNC offers a friendly workspace and offices for rent at an affordable. This is also a vibrant hub for entrepreneurs and the startup community with weekly social events and activities.
- Location: 31 Tran Phu, Hai Chau, Da Nang
d. Tiktak Coworking Space
Tiktak Da Nang is located in the Diamond Time complex building, with a total usable area of 5,000m2. In particular, the interior is entirely made of natural wood at this coworking.
Furthermore, the room at Tiktak receives natural light, making every place feel fresh and airy. This also makes the hectic lives of digital nomads lighter.
- Located: 35 Thai Phien, Hai Chau, Da Nang
e. Beans Workspace
This is one of the coworking spaces popular among Da Nang’s young people. Beans Workspace aims to offer an excellent learning and working environment while maintaining independence and autonomy. Moreover, the first three hours of free enjoyment are a unique Beans offer for clients who have never visited this workspace.
- Location: 84 Chau Thi Vinh Te, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
2. Best cafe to work for digital nomad Da Nang
Besides coworking spaces, there are numerous coffee shops surrounding the expat neighborhood of Da Nang where you can choose to work.
a. Da Nang Souvenirs & Cafe
A strongly recommended place for having a nice coffee you can find for digital nomad Danang! This coffee shop has a good location, charming souvenirs, and local specialties. The souvenir collections at Da Nang and the view once the city lights up its vivid colors along the Han River at this coffee shop can bring new vibes when working or catching up with friends.
- Location: 34 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau, Da Nang
b. The Coffee House
Of course, this coffee brand never let us down! It’s perfect for working, studying or even chatting with friends. Especially the feeling when starting a new working day with a favorite combo: macchiato tea & salted-egg croissant, especially served by the young, passionate and professional staff there. We are willing to give 5 stars for the quality of drink and service.
- Location 1: 461 Tran Hung Dao, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Location 2:80A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Location 3: 2 Nguyen Van Linh, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Location 4: 195 Nguyen Van Thoai, Son Tra, Da Nang
c. Brewman Coffee Concept
Down a small and quiet alley is this delightful little cafe. Brewman Cafe has a beautiful open design, and the original coffee served will not disappoint you. And it’s easy to spend hours there.
- Location: k27a/21 Thái Phiên, Hai Chau, Da Nang
d. Mia Coffee
Mia Coffee shop is also a good choice. This coffee shop is right in the city’s heart with open space, comfortable high tables, seated tables, couches/coffee tables, and an upstairs area. The café offers moderately priced drinks and great western food such as pasta or steak after 5 PM, and the Wi-Fi is reliable. Highly recommend it to you.
- Location: 9-11 Quang Trung, Hai Chau, Da Nang
e. Wonderlust Bakery & Coffee
And, another choice for you in the downtown area. This coffee shop displays a modern and elegant design. The white walls make the room shine bright, even on a cloudy day. It’s a bit different from the primarily dark interiors of Da Nang’s café landscape. In this coffee shop, drinks and cakes are affordable, good Wi-Fi connection and the staff are super friendly.
- Location: 96 Tran Phu, Hai Chau, Da Nang
f. The Cups Coffee
You can consider The Cups Coffee if you are a coffee chain lover. This is the first authentic coffee chain of Da Nang locals. Besides serving fresh coffee, It sells favorite drinks and snacks for young people. It has opened three facilities. The spaces inside have good decoration and many types of tables great place to work from.
- Location 3: 233 Nguyen Van Thoai, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
II. Where to stay: Accommodation in Da Nang
You’ll see innovations every day on the city’s coastal side. As of right now, many new apartment buildings are being built every day. Finding an apartment in Da Nang is easy if you stay for at least a month.
You can check Airbnb and find lots of rooms are all there is to offer. Starting as low as 300$/month for a private room in the city and rising from there. But the price on Airbnb is hugely overpriced due to Da Nang being more of a holiday spot. You can get better deals if you look hard enough.
It doesn’t matter where you stay in Da Nang – the city is small enough with not too much traffic that you can get anywhere in under 15 minutes via motorbike.
By the way, we recommend for digital nomad Da Nang is the best place to stay would be the area near My Khe beach called My An/An Thuong. This is an expat hotspot with many western restaurants, expat bars, and coffee shops. But, if you want to spend more on your accommodation or nightlife party, we’d recommend staying riverside in the Hai Chau district, close to all the action.
Here are some studios you can consider.
1. Seahorse Hostel & Bar
- Location: 07, Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hai Chau, Danang
- Price: from 35 USD/ night
Located in the center of the city, has a great river view and is close to many places of interest in the city, this beautiful hostel is a great choice for you to explore the daily life of Da Nang people. The cafe downstairs is also a great workplace, with a large table, a comfortable chair, and a good Wi-Fi connection. The bar upstairs is also laid back to meet new people in the new city!
2. Stingray Hostel
- Location: 15-17 Nguyen Van Linh, Danang, Vietnam
- Price: from 8,04 USD/night
If you just want to spend less on accommodation but still have enough facilities and stay in a conveniently located property in Da Nang, Stingray Hostel might be a good choice. Located on one of the city’s busiest roads – Nguyen Van Linh street- the beautiful and cozy design inside the house will make you feel at home. The property offers fantastic facilities, including boats, canoes, billiards, and table tennis, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city.
3. Rom Casa Da Nang by Christina’s
- Location: 26 An Thuong 4
- Price: from 9,48 USD/ night
Are you wondering what it’s like to sleep in a shipping container or chill in a container pool? Come over to discover it at Christina’s Da Nang – Rom Casa. Ideally located between the Han River and Da Nang’s best beaches (300 m from My An Beach).
4. Enouvo Co-Living
- Location 1: 15 Ta My Duat, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Location 2: 16-18 An Nhon 3, Son Tra Da Nang
As one of the pioneers in the co-living model in Da Nang, Enouvo aims for “everything you need to feel right at home”. It is only a 10-minute walk from Vincom shopping center. And when you choose this coliving, you can quickly go to famous check-in locations in Da Nang, such as Pham Van Dong beach or Dragon bridge, Han river bridge, ..
Enouvo Co-living is a place for digital nomads Da Nang to enjoy a good night’s sleep in a quiet space and an ideal place to explore the city’s famous sights.
5. Tropical Hostel Forest & Apartment
- Location: 123 Le Van Luong, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Price: from 14,25 USD
Another choice for you is this accommodation. Located in Son Tra district, Tropical Hostel Forest & Apartment is not so hasty as the ex-pats town and close to the must-see destinations of Da Nang (Son Tra Peninsula and the quiet, peaceful beach). This place has a unique design for the dorm room. Instead of regular beds, they make them become small spaceship rooms.
Give it a try and enjoy the comfortable atmosphere here!
6. Memory Hostel
- Location: 202 Ho Nghinh
- Price: from 8 USD per night
Located in the heart of Danang, just 3 min walk to Bach Dang – the central tourist street, good nearby restaurants, and nightlife. Memory Hostel offers female dorms, mixed dorms, and a romantic double room. Its design is inspired by Champa architecture using refined brick as the main material will bring you very special feelings.
III. What to eat in Da Nang
When visiting a big city in Vietnam, the back alleyways beside the main streets are things you can not miss. You can take the real taste of Vietnamese food here. Besides, you can also find favorite dining places around your corner or order food quickly using Food delivery applications such as Grab, Baemin, Shopee Food, and so on.
Here are some recommendations about the traditional cuisines of Da Nang
1. Mi Quang – Quang noodles
This is the traditional food of Da Nang people. Unlike other Vietnamese noodle soup bowls whose broth will cover the noodles almost completely, Quang noodle broth is barely enough to slurp during the meal. Quang noodle soups are generally pork and dried shrimp broth-based, although some regional and family recipes use chicken and duck. What makes Quang noodle soups unique is the richness of the broth, the lack of it and the crushed peanut toppings on the noodles.
“My Quang Ba Mua”
- Location 1: 40 Ngu Hanh Son, My An, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
- Location 2: 231 Dong Da, Hai Chau District, Da Nang
- Price: 1 USD – 2 USD
- Time: 6:00 AM — 10:00 PM
“My Quang 1A”
- Location: 1A Hai Phong Street, Hai Chau, Danang
- Price: 1 USD – 2 USD
- Time: 7:00 AM — 10:00 PM
“My Quang Bep Trang”
- Location: 441 Ong Ich Khiem Street, Hai Chau, Danang
- Price: 2 USD – 3 USD
- Time: 7:00 AM — 10:00 PM
2. Banh Xeo – Crispy Vietnamese pancakes
The Crispy Vietnamese Pancake is made of shrimp, pork, some bean sprouts served with dipping sauce, and some fresh herbs. Banh xeo can be found all over Vietnam but each place will have a little bit different. In the south of Vietnam people usually use green vegetables to wrap banh xeo to eat, but here in the central, we use soft rice paper instead. The crunchy and soft texture with unique sauce will make you always want to eat more.
“Banh Xeo Ha Diep”
- Location: 02 Pham Cu Luong, An Hai Dong, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Price: from 0,5 USD
- Time: 3:00 PM — 10:00 PM
“Banh Xeo Ba Duong”
- Location: 23 Hoang Dieu, Binh Hien, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Price: from 1 USD
- Time: 9:30 PM — 9:00 PM
3. Banh Mi – Vietnamese sandwich
Aside from Pho the Vietnamese Sandwich knows as Banh Mi is properly the most Internationally recognized food to come out of Vietnam. There are many types of Banh Mi Egg Banh Mi, pork Banh Mi or fish Banh Mi. This is also the most common breakfast of Vietnamese people. It has enough energy for the morning at a reasonable price. Just about 1$.
“Banh Mi Ba Lan”
- Location: 62 Trung Nu Vuong street, Hai Chau, Danang.
- Price: from 0,5- 1 USD
- Time: 4:00 PM — 9:00 PM
“Banh Mi Ong Ti”
- Location: 272 Hung Vuong street, Hai Chau, Danang.
- Price: from 0,5- 1 USD
- Time: 3:00 PM — 11:00 PM
“Banh Mi Minh Hung”
- Location: 244 Ngu Hanh Son street, Hai Chau, Danang
- Price: 0.5 USD – 1 USD
- Time: 6:00 AM — 11:00 PM
4. Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo – Sliced pork rolls with rice paper
This is one of Da Nang specialties. It combines fresh ingredients such as belly pork, fresh vegetables, cucumber slices, and green bananas. All things are wrapped in soft rice paper and eaten with dipping sauce. This dish is famous because of the carefully selected ingredients, which makes perfect taste.
“Bi My – Banh trang cuon thit heo”
- Location: Stall 51 Dinh 15A in CON Market
- Price: 1.08 USD – 1,29 USD
- Time: 9:00 AM — 6:00 PM
- Location: 35 Do Thuc Tinh, Cam Le, Danang
- Price: 2USD – 10 USD
- Time: 8:00 AM — 6:00 PM
“Dac san Tran”
- Location: 4 Le Duan, Hai Chau, Danang
- Price: 2USD – 10 USD
- Time: 9:00 AM — 9:00 PM
5. Fresh Seafood
Vietnam has a long beautiful coastline, so seafood features majorly in Vietnamese cuisine. Traveling to Danang allows you to sample the most mouth-watering fresh seafood such as Grilled mussels with a tasty sauce and peanuts, Steamed clams, Baby squid fried in fish sauce, prawns and scallion in a sweet and tangy sauce, Grilling spicy prawns, Fried battered fish, Crab in a tangy brown sauce.
“Nam Danh Seafood”
- Location: 59/38 Tran Quang Khai, Tho Quang, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Price: 2.59 USD – 4.31 USD
- Time: 10:00 AM — 10:00 PM
“Be Man Seafood”
- Location: Lot 14 Hoang Sa, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Price: 90,000 VND – 200,000 VND
- Time: 9:00 AM — 11:00 PM
6. Da Nang thick noodle soup (banh canh)
The broth is made from shrimp, fish, and pork knuckles. Noodles can be made from tapioca flour, wheat, and rice four. The soup base (broth) can be cooked from pork, crab, or fish, and the toppings can be fish cake, mushroom, Vietnamese ham, shrimp balls, etc.
“Banh canh Ruong”
- Location: 20 Ha Thi Than, Son Tra District, Da Nang city
- Price: 20.000–35.000 VND
- Time: 7:00 AM — 10:00 PM
“Banh canh di Hue”
- Location: 15 Hung Vuong, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city
- Price: 20.000–35.000 VND
- Time: 7:00 AM — 10:00 PM
IV. Where to go: Entertainment in Da Nang
The great thing about Da Nang is it is close to quite a few popular tourist attractions. Tourism is massively on the rise in Da Nang, and it is easy to see why. Here are just a few things you should check out during your time here:
The first thing you have to do in Da Nang is hit the coast. My Khe beach is chosen as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With the 900m sand long beach, it is great to walk, chill and read, have a drink, do yoga, and even surf.
2. Hai Van Pass
Riding motorbike to Hai Van Pass. 30km away to the north of the city.
After an episode of a TV show, Hai Van pass has become a bucket list item for thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts and adventurers looking for alternative things to do in Da Nang. This mountain pass between Da Nang and Hue gives Vietnam the most incredible ocean views. You can rent a scooter from the town and leave early in the morning if you want to catch the sun rising from the beach.
Some tour companies can help you ride the Hai Van Pass if you aren’t a confident motorbike rider.
3. Hoi An Town
A journey to Hoi An Town – A UNESCO World Heritage Site is just 45 minutes from the city of Da Nang. From Danang, you can rent a scooter to experience the trip by yourself or you can take a bus to Hoi An with just 30.000 vnđ.
Hoi An attractions comprise centuries-old Buddhist pagodas and temples, colonial shophouses, and quaint museums. Nevertheless, it is not only its ancient town, Hoi An has plenty of beaches to choose from, so let’s head down to the sand end enjoy this atmosphere.
Hội An is also known for its diverse and excellent food: a legacy of the many nationalities, including Japanese, Chinese and Portuguese, that lived or traded here. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy unique Vietnamese Cuisine when visiting there!
4. Marble Mountains
The Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son or “Five Elements Mountains) are a cluster of marble and limestone hills just 7km from the city, and also one of the best things to do in Da Nang!
Ancient folklore says that a dragon emerged from the sea and laid an egg on the beach. 1000 days and nights passed, and an exquisite lady was born eventually. The remains of the eggshells grew into the Marble Mountains that you can see today. \There are Buddhist sanctuaries and places of worship dotted across the mountains, which are a much-visited spiritual site.
Marble Mountains Entrance Fee: 20’000 VND.
5. Son Tra Peninsula
The beautiful rainforest that juts out into the sea from the city of Da Nang is called the Son Tra Peninsula. Rent a scooter or motorcycle to ride along the newly-built road to the end, check out the nature reserve, and stop off to visit one of the most important religious sights in the area, Linh Ung Pagoda.
V. Transportation for digital nomad da nang
Getting around Da Nang is easy. The city is relatively small, and the traffic isn’t so much of a problem. However, if you’re adventurous enough, you should rent or buy a motorbike for your stay. But If you can’t ride a motorbike nor up for grabbing a local taxi, you can call a taxi or a motorbike taxi by Grab app at any time. It so easy to get around!
- Grab webpage: https://www.grab.com/en/
- App: https://www.grab.com/vn/en/download/
Danang also offers a public bus service called Danabus. The price depends on the route it’s very affordable, starting from 5000 VND for a single journey.
You can check the bus route and timetables on the mobile app
- Danabus webpage: https://www.danangbus.vn/
- Danabus app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=asia.vietnam.danabus.danang&hl=en
VI. Some tips for digital nomad Da Nang
Banking, cash and payment
- Be careful of money scams. A 100,000 vnd note can be mistaken for a 10,000 vnd note. 20,000 vnd note can also be mistaken with the 500,000 vnd note.
- Money exchange are usually done in Gold shops.
- Don’t expect everyone to have change for a 500k vnd bill. You can find smaller notes at the gas station when getting fuel.
Food and beverage tips
- Not all restaurants offer free refills. If you need something, raise your hand or shout “em oi” and you’ll get someone’s attention.
- Diarrhea pills are cheap and readily available in Vietnamese cities. You WILL need them.
- Do not drink tap water and choose only good mineral water, keep away from the sun.
On the street tips
- Don’t be chicken to cross the road. Use slow, consistent steps when crossing busy streets. Raise your hand high or out while walking to make yourself more visible to motorists.
- When parking your bike, do not lose your parking ticket. You will not get your bike back without it. Do not keep valuables inside your motorbike, and lock not hang your helmet.
- Rainy season footwear: If you are in Vietnam in the rainy season, consider wearing open sandals or flip-flops to let the water drain out if you’re caught in a downpour.
- Face mask (khau trang) you should buy one to use when you are on the road. Most Vietnamese people use this daily to avoid dust, so you won’t feel weird when using a face mask here. It just costs around 25.000-40.000 vnd.
- Try your bargaining skills to save 20% – 50% off.
- If you wish not to shop from street vendors, try not to have any eye contact. Refuse at least twice when they approach you.
- Be careful when ordering items from US-based online stores (Amazon, BestBuy, etc..) as it will often get stuck at customs and you might end up paying half of your item value in custom taxes.
- You can easily find a mini-mart around the city. Vinmart is the most common.
Others tips about living in Da Nang
- You can easily buy street SIMs for cheaper package. When buying a SIM for your cellphone, do not forget to add a mobile plan or risk depleting your credit rapidly. Widely used plans are MIU90 for Mobifone and MIMAX for Viettel
- Copy your passport: In Vietnam, it’s handy to have a photocopy of your passport upon check-in at hotels in case you want to keep your original copy on your person.
- Order tickets online or through the app in advance for good seats in the movie theater.
- In Vietnam the power plugs and sockets are of type A, C and D. Electricity supply in Vietnam is 220 Volts at 50Hz.
How Enouvo can help?
There are essential information about Digital Nomad Da Nang Guides to help you can have the best experience while living here. And if you are considering using a coworking space, Enouvo Space can help you. Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, Enouvo Space provides you a co-working environment with a fun and enjoyable co-connecting space to work, collaborate and meet like-minded people. In addition, the second headquarters even includes a co-living space and coworking cafe. Confidently being the first coworking & coliving in Danang, Enouvo Space is proud to become an inspiring home for co-creative digital nomads in Vietnam.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.